AUSTELL, Ga (July 16, 2019) – Approximately 500 GIADA members (used-car dealers and dealer-centric companies) will meet in Stone Mountain, GA July 18 to 20, 2019 at the 64th annual GIADA Convention & Expo. The convention will be held at the Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort in Stone Mountain, GA.
The GIADA Convention & Expo is tied with the state-mandated Continuing Education (CE) seminar, a course that fulfills independent dealers’ CE requirement for the 2020 renewal period. The CE class will be held Friday, July 19, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Dealers will be able to network with other dealers and professionals in the used-car industry, gain professional development and become versed on the latest compliance updates, industry trends and best practices. Attendees will have the chance to participate in activities including Casino Night, Hospitality Suite, Cigar Roller, Continental Breakfast, Silent Auction, Trade Expo, and a Banquet Dinner. They’ll also be able to enjoy attractions, family-friendly activities and recreational options at Stone Mountain Park.
The lineup of speakers set to present at the convention includes:
- Bill Neylan, President and CEO of Tax Refund Services Tax Max
- Doug Hadden, Executive Director Dealer Services Training and Development for ADESA
- Ron Widener, President and CEO of Ron E. Widener & Associates, Inc.
- Sherri O’Cane, Titles & Imaging Center Supervisor for GIADA
- Justin Arnzen, DOR Investigators
- J. Keith Peeples, Motor Vehicle Crimes Division
- Bob Lettis, VP Strategic Alliances and Business Development for 700 Credit
- Robert Burt, CPA at Robert L. Burt
- Eric Gregory, Attorney at Gregory Law LLC
- Joey Imparato, National Manager, Independent Dealer Development for Cox Automotive
- Jason Reaves, President of Wayne Reaves.
- Bob Higgins, Business Relations Director for Wayne Reaves
Dealers can look forward to prizes and giveaways such as money, an apple watch, gift cards and more. There will also be a drawing for a Green Egg, a ceramic grill and charcoal smoker, at the STARS GPS booth. Dealers will receive 1 free ticket for the drawing. Thereafter, tickets are $5 for 1 ticket and $20 for 5 tickets.
For the third consecutive year, GIADA will be donating to Camp Sunshine, a program that strives to enrich the lives of children with cancer through recreational, educational and support programs.
For more information about the 64th Annual GIADA Convention, visit www.giadaconvention.org/.