OUR MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ETR:
- What is ETR?
ETR stands for: Electronic Title Registration. ETR allows dealerships to process title and registration paperwork electronically. ETR is a tool available to dealers to allow them to submit title applications and TAVT payments to the customer’s county tag office electronically.
- Are dealers required to participate in ETR?
Yes, due to a mandate which took effect January 1, 2018, all dealers in the state of Georgia are required to participate in ETR to register a title.
- Do I need to get the current paper titles in my office scanned before I can sell a vehicle?
No. Paper Titles will still exist – ETR simply means that the Title Registration Process has become Electronic. For Cash Deals, Paper Titles will be printed & sent to the customer once the ETR Process is completed. Titles for Financed Deals will be held electronically via ELT and then sent to the Lien Holder / Customer / Other Indicated Party upon request.
- Are there any transactions that should not be processed through ETR? When would I need to do a New TOP only deal?
Certain transactions are not processed through ETR. These include transactions that are exempt from TAVT, such as title applications for certain disabled veterans and non-resident service members, trucks and charter buses registering under the International Registration Plan (IRP), vehicles purchased by government entities, loaner vehicles, and vehicles titled in a dealer’s name. These transactions will continue to be processed directly through the County Tag Office, rather than through ETR. Contact the County Tag Office in the county where the buyer resides for acceptable submission methods.
Other ETR Exceptions:
- Title applications for vehicles purchased/leased prior to 1/1/18
- Transactions for vehicles sold by out of state dealers
- Courtesy Deliveries (Vehicles sold by an out of state dealer but the documents are submitted by a Georgia dealer)
- Transactions for vehicles sold through an auction where the auction is not the seller in the title assignment
- Transactions where one or more owners do not have a Georgia DL or ID (require validation by the county office)
- Transactions where the purchase date is 30 days or more from the application date.
- Applications for Rebuilt Titles
- Transactions that are exempt from TAVT, such as title applications for certain disabled veterans and non-resident service members
- Vehicles registering under the International Registration Plan (IRP)
- Non-motorized vehicle transactions, such as mobile homes and trailers
- Vehicles purchased by government entities
- Loaner vehicles
- Vehicles titled in a dealer’s name
- Transaction anomalies, such as VIN corrections
- What is ETR?
CLICK HERE TO SET UP A TITLETEC ETR ACCOUNT
*A representative from TitleTec will follow up with you to help you get set up!