GIADA is the only state association representing the collective interests of independent car dealers in Georgia. GIADA staff and its seasoned lobbyists enjoy key relationships with state agencies and state legislative leadership that impact the policies that affect used car dealers. The collective clout of GIADA and its members enables independent dealers to speak with one strong, unified voice.
GIADA legislative and regulatory advocacy on behalf of its members has a history of accomplishments and legislative successes over the years. GIADA keeps its members informed year-round on legislative regulatory issues so they can get involved at the grassroots level and effect positive outcomes for the industry. We strongly encourage you to get involved today.
Getting Results from a Team You Can Trust
With a combination of expertise, energy, time, resources, and effective relationships, our team makes up one of the strongest government affairs firms in the state. Since coming together, we have represented many clients with unique and complicated legislative and business needs and have been very successful in achieving our clients’ objectives. This includes the areas of legislation, budget matters, business development, procurement, and other types of requests from clients. In 2008, Mo was named “Top Independent Small Firm Lobbyist” in Georgia by James Magazine, a highly respected and the most read magazine dedicated to Georgia politics and the Capitol. The votes came from fellow lobbyists and legislators.
Our Legislative Lobbyist Team
General GIADA Legislative Policies
- GIADA supports legislative changes that improve and enhance the dealer licensing process and promote honesty and fair dealing while protecting Georgia dealers from unfair competition from unlicensed individuals.
- GIADA opposes unnecessary regulation that creates paperwork and manpower burdens on law-abiding dealers without providing corresponding benefits to the industry and the public.
- GIADA supports measures that enhance government efficiency and maximize benefits to Georgia citizens and the industry at the lowest cost.
- GIADA supports measures that increase enforcement efforts against those who operate in the industry illegally, unlicensed, and who defraud dealers and the public.
- GIADA supports measures that increase enforcement of current laws.
- GIADA opposes any measure that would impede the ability of a dealer to operate a lawful business while providing affordable and reliable transportation to hard working Georgian’s who otherwise may not be able to obtain reliable transportation.
- GIADA supports any measure that encourages the American system of free enterprise.
Georgia General Assembly Links
Access house and senate bills and laws. Keep up with legislative developments real time.
Your comments, opinions, concerns and suggestions are welcome!
GIADA Legislative Liaison and Coordinator
Amy Bennett, (770) 745-9650