If you have any questions or experience problems joining, please call TitleTec toll free at 1-855-336-9023 or email email@example.com.
To view the TitleTec ETR training videos for assistance with basic functions and processes in the T21 system, please refer to the links below:
HERE YOU WILL FIND SOME OF OUR MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ETR:
- What is ETR?
ETR stands for: Electronic Title Registration. ETR allows dealerships to process title and registration paperwork electronically. ETR is a tool available to dealers to allow them to submit title applications and TAVT payments to the customer’s county tag office electronically.
- Are dealers required to participate in ETR?
Yes, due to a mandate which took effect January 1, 2018, all dealers in the state of Georgia are required to participate in ETR to register a title.
- Do I need to get the current paper titles in my office scanned before I can sell a vehicle?
No. Paper Titles will still exist – ETR simply means that the Title Registration Process has become Electronic. For Cash Deals, Paper Titles will be printed & sent to the customer once the ETR Process is completed. Titles for Financed Deals will be held electronically via ELT and then sent to the Lien Holder / Customer / Other Indicated Party upon request.
- Are there any transactions that should not be processed through ETR? When would I need to do a New TOP only deal?
Certain transactions are not processed through ETR. These include transactions that are exempt from TAVT, such as title applications for certain disabled veterans and non-resident service members, trucks and charter buses registering under the International Registration Plan (IRP), vehicles purchased by government entities, loaner vehicles, and vehicles titled in a dealer’s name. These transactions will continue to be processed directly through the County Tag Office, rather than through ETR. Contact the County Tag Office in the county where the buyer resides for acceptable submission methods.
Other ETR Exceptions:
- Title applications for vehicles purchased/leased prior to 1/1/18
- Transactions for vehicles sold by out of state dealers
- Courtesy Deliveries (Vehicles sold by an out of state dealer but the documents are submitted by a Georgia dealer)
- Transactions for vehicles sold through an auction where the auction is not the seller in the title assignment
- Transactions where one or more owners do not have a Georgia DL or ID (require validation by the county office)
- Transactions where the purchase date is 45 days or more from the application date.
- Applications for Rebuilt Titles
- Transactions that are exempt from TAVT, such as title applications for certain disabled veterans and non-resident service members
- Vehicles registering under the International Registration Plan (IRP)
- Non-motorized vehicle transactions, such as mobile homes and trailers
- Vehicles purchased by government entities
- Loaner vehicles
- Vehicles titled in a dealer’s name
- Transaction anomalies, such as VIN corrections
- What is ETR?
COMMON TRAINING QUESTIONS FOR USING TITLETEC’S T21 SYSTEM:
- How do I print a TOP?
You will print a TOP as one of the steps in your ETR deal – do NOT do a “TOP only deal” – this should only be utilized for TAVT exempt transactions, such as a non-GA Resident, all others must go through “New ETR Deal”.
- How do I do a new ETR Deal?
Click on “Process Deals” in the bottom left hand corner, then “New ETR Deal” in the upper left hand corner. Fill in the information in the spaces provided. You will not be able to pend or finalize deals if all necessary information is not filled out.
- What if I don’t have the title yet? It’s not letting me pend the deal?
You can “Use Pending Title Information” on the Vehicles Tab if you do not yet have the title on hand. It will allow you to pend the deal and print the TOP – but you must go back & edit that pending deal, enter in the title number and state, and update the deal before you will be able to finalize the deal.
- What does “Finalize Deal” mean?
Once a deal has been pended & is ready (all title work in, TAVT deposited into your bank account) then you will need to press the “Finalize Deal” button from your submit tab.
After a deal is finalized:
- You may now Print the T21 Coversheet, which you must have to send in your title work to your QA Scanning Facility. You should always keep a copy and you may also give your customer a copy, it serves as a Title Receipt as you may have previously seen – it includes the vehicle, customer, & TAVT information provided for vehicle registration.
- TAVT & associated deal fees will be collected via ACH by the vendor and remitted to the DOR, who will forward them to the appropriate county tag offices.
- Customer may go pick up their tag from their county tag office – if you selected “Title Only”. (We advise giving them a copy of the T21 Sheet)
- We selected “New Plate & Title” – how long until the customer’s tag is mailed to them?
After a deal shows as “Final & Scanned” and “Successfully Transmitted to the State” – it usually takes 3-5 Business Days for the DOR to mail the customer’s tag.
- What do we do if it’s well past the average 3-5 Days?
Tags can get lost in the mail, and if this happens to your customer, you may contact the DOR (855-406-5221) for information & instructions on obtaining that tag.
- How long does it take for the customer to get their title?
After a deal shows as “Final & Scanned” and “Successfully Transmitted to the State” – it usually takes 7-10 Business Days for the DOR to mail the customer’s title.
- We are a Lien Holder – where does our title go?
If you are adding a lien in GA – you should be set up with ELT, it’s mandatory in GA and allows you to access your titles electronically which you can print and mail later in the case of a pay off or repossession. If you are still risking manually adding a lien, you would anticipate the title being mailed, if it is not held by the state for any reason.
- I’m not able to pend or finalize my deal – what’s wrong?
Generally, if you are unable to pend a deal, it is because necessary information is missing. Make sure you go back and see that all fields are filled in appropriately. If you are unable to finalize, you will be able to see an error message in red at the top of the submit tab. This could be a data entry error, a logic error, or an error from the DOR about the current title status or customer.
- I’ve done everything – what paperwork do I send?
You may refer to the bottom of the T21 Coversheet – all items in bold must be sent in with each deal. All other indicated forms are “as is applicable”, so if they do not apply to the currently existing title work, do not be concerned. You are sending your scanning center the same documents that you would give to a county tag office. Please note: At this time, all deals pended after Feb 2 must include and MV-7D which must be signed by the customer. This form can be found on the “Submit” tab, usually below the “Print MV-1” button or on the eForms tab of your deal.
- Where do I send my paperwork to?
If you are an independent dealer who is new to ETR, GIADA is likely your QA Scanning Center – however – we do urge you to double check by calling our office so we can verify this for you so documents are not held up by being sent to the incorrect Scanning Facility. If you are in fact assigned to the QA Scanning Facility at the GIADA Office, you may send your documents via trackable parcel service to:
GIADA attn: ETR Dept
6903 Oak Ridge Commerce Way
Austell, GA, 30168
- How long does it take for my paperwork to be scanned?
Usually 7 business days. You may check the status of your deals by going to the “Process Deals” tab in the bottom left hand corner of the page, then “My Deals” in the upper left hand corner. You may search by T21 ID to see status or notes. By clicking on the T21 ID link, you’ll be able to see additional information on the scanning tab as well.
- I’m getting messages that I have late documents – what do I do?
It is very important that all documents be received in a very timely manner. Something does not get moved up the line at a QA Center if it was sent in late. It would be wise to scan & email forms such as the MV-34 to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 470-231-2420, so they may be expedited for scanning.
- How do I see what fees are being withdrawn from my bank account?
If you go to “Dealer Billing” in the bottom left hand corner, then “Dealer Statement” in the upper left hand corner, you will be able to see your transactions. By clicking on the hyperlinked terms, you can see additional & specific information about your deals.
- I’ve pended a deal in my DMS and I’m trying to finalize it, but it is asking me to enter in the deal information over again. I’ve done this but I still can’t finalize it, why isn’t it working?
To prevent this, dealers should access their “Pended” deals directly though the Titletec T21 system. Click on the “Process Deals” button in the bottom left hand corner of your screen, then select “Search Deals” in the top left hand corner. They will then enter the search criteria of their choosing (Deal#//T21 ID//VIN//etc.), and click “Search for Deals,” at the bottom of the screen. It will allow them to access the previously entered information & simply complete the already submitted information, without having to do double entry.
- How do I print a TOP?