The CERTIFIED MASTER DEALER® program was developed in 2001, in collaboration with Northwood University, to help dealers manage and grow their businesses. Since then, it has grown into one of the industry’s most respected training programs. Dealers who attend this training are committed to the industry, support ethical business standards and practices, and are leaders in their communities. They bring a wide range of experience to each class, and leave with new strategies for analyzing their business practices and increasing their bottom line. Instruction is provided by Joe Lescota, NIADA Director of Dealer Development and former retail automotive executive with more than 25 years of front-line dealership, selling management and training experience.
2016 TRAINING DATES
May 10 -12 | Albuquerque, NM, NMIADA Headquarters
July 20-21 | Taunton, MA, Segregansett Country Club, across from Manheim New England (extended hours each day)
August 23-25 | Skokie, IL, Turner Acceptance Corporation
November 1-3 | Atlanta, GA, Atlanta Airport Marriott
Are you eligible to be a Certified Master Dealer?
1. Only a state licensed dealer principal operating as a proprietorship, partnership, corporation or limited liability company in the business of selling or leasing motor vehicles (cars, trucks, vans, SUVs) is eligible. Dealer principal shall also mean a partner and/or officer of a licensed partnership or corporation.
2. Dealer must be an NIADA member in good standing.
3. Dealer must maintain an Established Place of Business, which meets, at a minimum, all of the following requirements:
- Approved/licensed location as an automobile dealership by the state and/or local unit of government;
- Continuously occupied on a regular basis by the dealer;
- Business books and records kept at the Established Place of Business;
- A majority of the business transacted at the Established Place of Business; and
- Vehicle inventory kept at the Established Place of Business.
4. The dealer must post and maintain regular business hours consistent with state regulations.
5. Dealership Associates (employees) may attend CMD™ classes, however, upon completion of the class, they will receive “Certificates of Participation” only and will not receive the CMD™ designation. Employees may attend only if their dealer principal is a current CMD™ or he/she will be attending the same class.
CMD™ designation and seal are awarded to an individual dealer principal in recognition of the qualifications and personal achievements of that dealer principal. The award is not granted to the dealer’s business entity.
CMD™ designation and use of the CMD™ seal are awarded for a term/period 3 years.
Each CMD™ must obtain a minimum of 12 hours of NIADA approved Continuing Education during each consecutive 3 year period to retain the CMD™ designation.
CMD™ designation and the CMD™ seal remain the property of NIADA. The CMD™ designation may be revoked by NIADA if the dealer is convicted of a felony or in the case of a dealer license being revoked by the appropriate state agency.
DEALER PRINCIPAL: $2495.00
ASSOCIATE CERTIFICATE: $995.00 (1 employee); $1,800.00 (2 employees); $2,500.00 (3 employees)
QUESTIONS? Contact Diann Flanders
888-906-8283 Fax 817-640-5866 or email@example.com